Welcome to the blog of the Enough for Everyone program of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). By "just living" we mean both justice-based living and just simply living – freeing ourselves from the clutter of stuff so we can focus on living faithfully and living well. Join us in the exploration!
About the Author
Bryce Wiebe coordinates Enough for Everyone, a ministry of the Presbyterian Hunger Program. He loves slow food and is fascinated by the way things are made. He is excited to dive into experiments in simplicity with you. His sacred cow of consumption: kitchen gadgets.
The U.S. Congress is currently considering Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) with Korea, Colombia and Panama. PC(USA) mission partners in Colombia are calling for the PC(USA) to raise its voice. The Presbyterian Hunger Program will host a webinar about the Colombia FTA this Friday, May 27. Register for the webinar to discuss:
• Ways for you to take action on behalf of our sisters and brothers in Colombia;
• How Colombia’s human rights record requires delaying this agreement;
• Why the Presbyterian Church of Colombia opposes the agreement in its present form;
• Why the cost of this agreement is too high for small farmers and others;
• How we as people of faith evaluate trade agreements.
Panelists include Lisa Haugaard, executive director of the Latin America Working Group; the Rev. Shannan Vance-Ocampo, director of Colombia Programs for the Presbyterian Peace Fellowship, which coordinates the Presbyterian Accompaniment Program on behalf of PC(USA) World Mission; and the Rev. Dr. Alexa Smith, Presbyterian Hunger Program.