September 13, 2013
The Arms Control Association (ACA), an independent membership organization dedicated to promoting public understanding and effective policies to address the threats posed by the world's most dangerous weapons: nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, as well as certain types of conventional weapons that pose a threat to noncombatants, provides a number of resources to help understand chemical weapons:
- "How to Secure Syria's Chemical Weapons," by Daryl Kimball and Paul Walker, Christian Science Monitor, Sept. 11, 2013.
- Chemical Weapons: Frequently Asked Questions, ACA Fact Sheet, September 2013.
- Timeline of Syrian Chemical Weapons Activity, ACA Fact Sheet, September 2013.
- Syria Arms Control and Nonproliferation Profile, ACA Fact Sheet, September 2013.
- Chemical and Biological Weapons Status at a Glance, ACA Fact Sheet, September 2013.
- The Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) at a Glance, ACA Fact Sheet, September 2013.
- "Abolishing Chemical Weapons: Progress, Challenges, and Opportunities," by Paul Walker, Arms Control Today, November 2010.