January 13, 2014
Presbyterian Mission Agency goes orange - how about you?
The Presbyterian Mission Agency will observe an Orange Dayon January 24 to witness and advocate for an end of violence against women and children.
- On this day wear orange as a symbol of our solidarity and commitment.
- Take a photo of you, your friends, your church, or your mission committee. Let’s get creative!
- Post the photo on Facebook and Twitter with a sign that says “Another Presbyterian ending violence against women and children” or “I will help end violence against women because (filling in your particular reason).”
- Use the hashtags #endviolence #pcusa on Twitter.
- Post photos on the World Mission Facebook page so we can share them with even more people. Tweet your photo and include @PCUSAMission and it will be posted.
Choose one of the following actions or create and share one of your own.
Through accompanying survivors in trauma recovery and education, building peace by creating “sacred space” for people to heal and forgive, and preventing violence through advocating for good governance and just economic policies, we can have a bigger impact.
Together, let’s raise our prayers, hearts and actions and be part of God’s reconciling work.