We are thrilled to announce a new position for the Funds Development Manager for the Young Adult Volunteer Program! If you know of anyone who would be interested, please share this post with them, or you can send the direct link to apply here.
As a part of the larger World Mission funds development effort, the Funds Development Manager with two fundraising specialists will have primary responsibility for the funds development effort for the Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) program of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). The Funds Development Manager for YAV program will report directly to the Sr. Director of Funds Development while working with the YAV ministry area to develop and successfully execute funds development strategies to achieve the mission of this ministry area. The goal for the initial twelve months of work is $400,000 to be increased as work continues.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work closely with YAV staff to identify targeted funds needed to accomplish specific objectives, where the funds will be spent, what activities/investments the funds support, and what impact the activities/investments will make.
2. Create presentation tools to support fund raising efforts, that may include a brief, compelling rationale for investing, a 5-7 minute presentation of the vision, approach and impact, and supporting web, visual and collateral tools.
3. Learn and incorporate the Presbyterian Mission Agencys Funds Development methodology for evaluating and approaching existing donors and cultivating supportive relationships; establish activity and communication practices that promote positive internal relationships and effective sharing and cultivation of existing donors and projects.
4. Work will include individuals, congregations and mid-councils. Research and identify major donors and prospects likely to resonate with the YAV mission and, in collaboration with appropriate staff, develop and execute plans to contact, cultivate and solicit their involvement.
5. Identify inspiring events/activities to which potential donors could be invited as part of the cultivation process.
6. Travel and visit with potential donors to solicit funds or set up endowment funds for the YAV program.
7. Responsible for direction and leadership of the YAV funds development team.