Big Tent 2013
Aug. 1 - 3, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky | Kentucky International Convention Center, Galt House Hotel and Hyatt Hotel
August 1-3, 2013
Love God. Love neighbor. Let God take care of the rest. This is the heart of Christ’s message – and good news for the church today.
Come to the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)’s Big Tent event and discover for yourself how putting God’s first things first can bring rebirth and renewal to your church.
The Big Tent combines ten national conferences under one roof, gathering thousands of Presbyterian pastors, elders, and other church leaders to study, share, worship, and fellowship, and to build up the body of Christ.
It’s been called “a giant Presbyterian family reunion” – and the 2013 Big Tent brings that reunion to Louisville, Kentucky, home of the PC(USA)’s national offices since 1988.
Registration is now open. Register now to:
- Register as a participant in the Big Tent
- Register for one of the pre- or post- conferences
- Register a child/youth for one of the Big Tent children and youth programs.
- Purchase a ticket for Big Tent dinners (Thursday and/or Friday) or for the National Black Presbyterian Caucus Conference luncheon or dinner
If you cannot register on-line, you may complete a registration form and mail or fax it to the G.A. Meeting Service. (PDF)
$295 ($200 for young adults age thirty and under) for the full three day registration for Big Tent or any of the 10 partner conferences, includes Thursday and Friday Big Tent dinners.
Single day fees are available.
Children and youth program fees are $150 for the first child in a family, and $100 for additional children from the same family, and only $75 for older youth.
With 10 partner conferences each with numerous offerings, and 90 "common workshops" to choose from, this can be a daunting registration process. Please download and review the full Schedule of Events before you start.
Conference staff, planning team members, speakers, and other official participants whose Big Tent expenses are paid by the PC(USA)/Big Tent - do NOT use this link to register. You will receive an email from the G.A. Meeting Service with a link to register.
Thursday, August 1, 2013
|12:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Registration and Exhibit Hall open|
|4:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Opening Worship|
|6:00 - 7:00 p.m.||Group dinner|
|7:30 - 9:00 p.m.||Hospitality provided by partner conferences|
|9:00 p.m.||Optional activities|
Friday, August 2, 2013
|8:00 - 8:30 a.m.||Morning Worship with Vera White|
|8:30 - 9:30 a.m.||Plenary, Speaker: Frank Yamada, president, McCormick Theological Seminary|
|9:30 - 6:00 p.m.||Exhibit Hall Open|
|10:00 - 11:30 a.m.||Common Workshops|
|Noon||Partner conference Lunches|
|2:00 - 6:00 p.m.||Partner conferences continue|
|6:00- 7:30 p.m.||Dinner|
|8:00 p.m.||Partner conferences continue|
Saturday, August 3, 2013
|7:00 - 7:30 a.m.||Morning Prayers|
|8:00 - 9:30 a.m.||Partner Conferences continue|
|9:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Exhibit Hall Open|
|10:00 - 11:30 a.m.||Partner conferences continue|
|Noon - 1:30 p.m.||Partner Conference Lunch|
|2:00 - 3:30 p.m.||Common workshops|
|4:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Closing Worship|
|6:00 - 9:00 p.m.||Street Party|
Partner Conferences: Evangelism and Church Growth Conference, Compassion, Peace and Justice Conference, Healthy Ministries Conference, National Elders Conference, National Multicultural Church Conference, Presbyterian Communicators Network Conference, Racial Ethnic and Immigrants Convocation, Seminary Support Network Conference, Theology, Worship and Education Conference, and the World Mission Conference.
- Tags: big tent
- Ministries: 1001 New Worshiping Communities, African American Congregational Support, Asian Congregational Support, Christian Vocation, Church Growth, Church Leadership Connection, Commissioned Ruling Elders, Cross Cultural Ministries, Enough for Everyone, Environmental Ministries, Evangelism, Fair Trade, Multicultural Congregational Support, New Immigrants & Emerging Ministries, Office of Public Witness, Presbyterian Communicators Network, Presbyterian Peacemaking Program, Self-Development of People (SDOP), Theological Education, World Mission
- Agency: Presbyterian Mission Agency