Webinar to explore new publishing technologies
Writers Guild, Outlook join on March 6 to help authors find a market
January 13, 2012
“The Future is Now,” a webinar on how new technologies are affecting how writers get published, will be offered March 6 at 2:00 p.m. EST by the Presbyterian Writers Guild (PWG) in cooperation with The Presbyterian Outlook.
The webinar will be led by Thomas Kephart, who has been involved in the rise of independent publishing for many years, first for CreateSpace and more recently for Amazon, where he is community outreach manager, responsible for independent publishing brand building and awareness expansion.
The webinar is designed for new authors who are seeking to break into publication; experienced authors who want to explore new publishing technologies; pastors who want to expand their outreach through writing; and professors who want to stay abreast of how technology is affecting their students.
The webinar will address such topics as:
- How “Print on Demand” has affected authors and their efforts to get published and the advantages and disadvantages of this new technology;
- How “Epublishing” or digital technology has affected authors, including opportunities and cautions for new authors;
- The basic steps an author takes from submission to publication in each format;
- What is available in areas of editing, designing, marketing, etc. for the author;
- How to determine pricing of books in each format;
- What types of questions one should ask in evaluating the different groups that offer similar services; and
- How CreateSpace (CSP), Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) and Author Central can provide tools for authors at all levels.
The cost for the 90-minute seminar is $19.95 for PWG members and $29.95 for non-members. Groups may watch it together for $5.00 per member with a minimum of six members.
To register, go to www. http://bit.ly/PWGWebinar