Moderator’s Colloquium on Ecclesiology set for this week
Three-day conference in Austin will be live-streamed April 23-25
April 22, 2013
How do we hear and live into God’s call to be Christ’s gathered-and-sent community Sunday through Saturday?
That will be the topic this week of a theological colloquium on ecclesiology (the nature of the church) organized by Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) General Assembly Moderator Neal Presa and hosted by Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
It will also be available by teleconference at 610-214-0000, passcode 116604 followed by the # key and the number 1; and by Twitter (follow #ModCE).
The basic format of the colloquium will consist of seven presentations, followed by responses, panel discussions and a time for questions-and-answers. All of the presentations have been posted on the colloquium website along with a detailed schedule of events. Note that all listed events are Central Daylight Time.
Presenters (in order of speaking) include:
- The Rev. David Stubbs, professor of theology and ethics, Western Theological Seminary, Holland, Mich., on “Telling the Story to Highlight the Liturgical-Missional Church” ― April 23, 9:30 a.m.
- The Rev. Marney Wasserman, pastor, Trinity Presbyterian Church, Tucson, Ariz., on “Missional Eucharist” ― April 23, 1:00 p.m.
- The Rev. Allen Permar Smith, pastor, Kenilworth Presbyterian Church, Asheville, N.C., on “Worship and Witness” ― April 23, 2:45 p.m.
- The Rev. Thomas E. Smith, pastor, Presbyterian Chapel of the Lakes, Angola, Ind., on “The Eucharist is Central” ― April 24, 10:00 a.m.
- Heidi Worthen Gamble, mission advocate for hunger, poverty, and peacemaking concerns, Presbytery of the Pacific, Los Angeles, Calif., on “Right Mission” ― April 24, 1:30 p.m.
- The Rev. Darrell Guder, professor of missional and ecumenical theology, Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, N.J., on “The Church as Missional Community” ― April 24, 3:15 p.m.
- Teresa Stricklen, associate for worship, Office of Theology, Worship and Education, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Louisville, Ky., on “Worship as the Missional Church’s Whence and Whither: A Liturgical Missional Ecclesiology” ― April 25, 9:30 a.m.