Giving Patterns Research
A study in Spring 2008 analyzed giving patterns among Presbyterians with history of giving to PC(USA) national church.
Highlights of the findings
- An overwhelming majority (nearly 80 percent) of Presbyterians support six or more charities.
- Local church is favorite/first charity followed by five other PC(USA) mission programs.
- 77 percent of donors said giving to PC(USA) nationally had no impact on giving to the local church.
- 82 percent view gifts to PC(USA) nationally as above and beyond their local church pledge.
- 85 percent indicate “through church” and “mail” share top national contact preferences.