Liturgy and worship aids
Use this hymn by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette as a worship resource
A hymn lamenting gun violence by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette.
A hymn for United Nations Day by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette.
This hymn-prayer by Carolyn Gillette was written in response to the oil spill from the Deepwater Horizon offshore drilling rig that started on April 20, 2010.
This hymn setting of the traditional Easter Proclamation (or Exsultet) may be used in a procession with the paschal candle at the Easter Vigil.
This hymn text by David Gambrell, set to the familiar tune Leoni (“The God of Abraham Praise”), seeks to illustrate the various dimensions of the “Word of God” in the Reformed tradition: “Scripture – the Word written, preaching – the Word proclaimed, and the Sacraments – the Word enacted and sealed, bear testimony to Jesus Christ, the living Word.” (Directory for Worship, W-1.1004). Permission is granted for congregational use in worship or educational settings.
This hymn is used by permission from Carolyn Winfrey Gillette. Permission is granted for this hymn's free use by churches that support Presbyterian Disaster Assistance.
This hymn can be a helpful one for churches seeking to support the relief efforts in Pakistan.
*SPANISH LANGUAGE VERISON*
Use the Leader's Guide to plan for and receive the 2012 Pentecost Offering. You'll find the following materials:
- Introduction to the Offering
- What is the Pentecost Offering?
- Making a Difference: Ideas from Congregations
- 2011 Financial Summary
- Who to Contact
- Promotional Ideas
- Sample Pastor's Letter
- Sample Postcard
- Minutes for Mission
- Ways to Involve Children and Youth
- The Lord's Prayer
- Worship Resources
- Children's Sermon
- Youth Activities
- Countdown Calendar
- Children's Worship Bulletins
- Order Form
*Those resources listed in red can be downloaded separately by clicking on their title.
The 2009 Presbyterians Against Domestic Violence Network (PADVN) Domestic Violence Congregational Packet focuses on teen dating violence. Individual pieces include:
- Cover Letter
- The Facts on Teens and Dating Violence
- A Father’s Letter to his Teenage Children
- Teen/Young Adult Sexuality Covenant
- Sexting, Texting, and Cell Phones — A Bigger Problem Than We Think
- Teen Power and Control Wheel
- Equality Wheel for Teens
- The Dating Bill of Rights
- Resource Sheet for Teens on Dating Violence
- The Yellow Dress; Acting to Prevent Dating Violence
- A Grandma’s Situation
- Bulletin Insert, Dating Shouldn’t Hurt
- Using the Lectionary to Address Issues of Abuse ...