Liturgy and worship aids
This Lent, the Words Matter project invites you to the spiritual discipline of paying attention to your words. Far from a desire to be politically correct, Words Matter focuses on deep thinking about what is really at stake in the words we use, acknowledging that words can be used to tear down — but hopeful that more of us will embrace the potential of words to build up.
See also: Words Matter
Download this resource list by Dr. Bruce Harding and Rev. Danielle A. James.
Download the Table of Contents for the World AIDS Day Packet 2013.
Use this resource packet with your congregation to observe Worlds AIDS Day on December 1, 2011:
- Cover letter
- Getting to Zero in the Midst of Advent
- Sample sermon
- Planning Services of Worship that Lift Up World AIDS Day
- “Hazmat Suits and a Funeral”
- Top Ten Reasons to “Know Your Status”
- “Save the Date” flier
- AIDS 2012 FAQs flier
- AIDS 2012 one page summary
- The Changing Face of HIV/AIDS DVD flier
- Becoming an HIV and AIDS Competent Church: Prophetic Witness and Compassionate Action flier
- Faith in Action Award flier
- Press release, “Presbyterian Health, Education and Welfare Association (PHEWA) seeks nominations ...
Use this resource packet with your congregation to observe Worlds AIDS Day on December 1, 2012:
- Cover letter
- My Dreams for an HIV Competent Church: HIV and Aids at the 220th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- How a 67-year-old Introverted Presbyterian Came To Be an AIDS Activist
- Sermon, “Resuscitation”
- Poem, Doy gracias. . .Simplemente gracias!
- Sermon, Leveling the Playing Field : A Call to God’s People on World AIDS Day
- 2012 International AIDS Conference: Personal Highlights
- Flier, Becoming an HIV and AIDS Competent Church: Prophetic Witness and Compassionate Action
- Flier, The Changing Face of HIV/AIDS
- PAN Leadership ...
Download the opening letter from the World AIDS Day Packet 2013. The letter was written by PAN'S Co-Moderators, Ann Jones and George Kerr.
Fourth Presbyterian Church in Chicago, Illinois, shares a vespers service called "Women, Girls, HIV and AIDS: Light in the Darkness" for use on World AIDS Day and encourages congregations to promote awareness, justice, love and compassion.
Hymns, litanies, prayers and blessing for use in mission events.
In times of disaster, the church is called to support the people of the world with our prayers, asking God to save them, shelter them from danger, and sustain them in the work of recovery. Download resources for worship and prayer.
Below you will find a copy of the PowerPoint presentation that was presented by Teaching Elder David Gambrell, Associate for Worship, Presbyterian Mission Agency.