Liturgy and worship aids
Use this packet of hymns and poems to pray for the survivors of disaster around the world:
- Who is My Neighbor?, hymn inspired by the parable of the Good Samaritan
- A Prayer for Our Children, hymn by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette
- Like Magi, You Have Come, poem by Sandra Price, written for volunteers who have served in the Gulf Coast
- We See the Waters, by Clay Gunter
- God of Creation, by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette
- God We've Known Such Grief and Anger, by Carolyn Winfrey Gillette
- Through the Cloud and Out of Chaos: A Hymn for a Hard Season by Rev ...
Prepared by PDA National Response Team member Laurie Kraus, pastor of the Riveria Presbyterian Church in Miami, Fla.
As an intergenerational event early in Advent, consider making advent wreaths for home devotional use. Here are instructions for a simple, inexpensive one.
Use this prayer for the children of Pakistan as they struggle in a time of disaster
The 2009 Presbyterians Against Domestic Violence Network (PADVN) Domestic Violence Congregational Packet focuses on teen dating violence. Individual pieces include:
- Cover Letter
- The Facts on Teens and Dating Violence
- A Father’s Letter to his Teenage Children
- Teen/Young Adult Sexuality Covenant
- Sexting, Texting, and Cell Phones — A Bigger Problem Than We Think
- Teen Power and Control Wheel
- Equality Wheel for Teens
- The Dating Bill of Rights
- Resource Sheet for Teens on Dating Violence
- The Yellow Dress; Acting to Prevent Dating Violence
- A Grandma’s Situation
- Bulletin Insert, Dating Shouldn’t Hurt
- Using the Lectionary to Address Issues of Abuse ...
This Service of Lessons and Carols is adapted from the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols that has been celebrated annually at King’s College, Cambridge, for almost a century. The nine Scripture lessons are those traditionally used at the festival, while the carols provided to accompany each passage have been selected from the Presbyterian Hymnal.
Pastors and church musicians are encouraged to consider other hymns or appropriate spiritual songs, taking into account the cultural context and worship style of the congregation. The multiple readings present an opportunity to involve a number of different people from the congregation in the ...
These guidelines are provided for persons who are invited to read Scripture aloud in public worship. It is vital to the proclamation of the gospel that readers be well prepared for this important task.
This set of readings for lighting the Advent candles is based on the Epistle lessons in the Revised Common Lectionary for Year A.
This set of readings for lighting the Advent candles is based on Psalm readings in the Revised Common Lectionary for Year A.
This set of readings for the lighting the Advent candles is based on the Magnificat, or Song of Mary, in Luke 1:46-55. This setting of the text is from the Book of Common Worship (575).