Manuals and policies
This policy, approved by the 218th General Assembly (2008), is the first major update of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)’s energy policy in more than 27 years. This General Assembly policy offers moral guidance and provides practical steps individual Presbyterians, groups and communities may take to change unhealthy energy practices to ensure that there is an abundant supply of God’s good energy for future generations of the whole creation to enjoy.
Resource written by L. Guy Mehl of the Lancaster Career Development Center, who makes observations based on his personal experiences counseling candidates from various denominations (Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran, United Church of Christ, etc.).
Building a Community of Faith, Hope, Love and Witness
- The Session: a Council of the Church and Expression of Unity & Mutuality
- The Session: Discerning Leaders attending to the holy spirit
- The Session’s Responsibilities (G-3.0201)
- Session Meetings (G-3.0203 and G-3.0201)
- Session Minutes and Records (G-3.0204)
- Session Relations with Other Councils (G-3.0202)
- Finances (G-3.0205)
- The Session’s Role in Developing Manuals, Policies & Obtaining Insurance
- Some Questions the Session must Prayerfully discern and consider
- Discussion Questions for your session
- Resources for Communal Discernment
The process for Christian Educator and Christian Education Associates in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
Certified Christian Educators in the PC(USA) . . .
- Are members of the PC(USA)
- Are employed in educational ministry in a PC(USA) congregation, governing body or agency or have confirmed volunteer status of at least ten (10) hours/week of volunteer service and have completed one year full-time (or its equivalent) work experience
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree (or master’s degree) or Christian Education Associate level
- Have requested and received an application and information for certification along with a listing of Certification ...
Download the seminary support handbook
A Report of the Catholic Reformed Dialogue in United States 2003 - 2007
A resource about dealing with disaster for church youth leaders created by a joint task force of United Methodists and Presbyterians.
This manual on fair trade shares how Joining Hands Against Hunger Peru began and maps out what other Joining Hands groups need to do to get started in offering a fair trade alternative as part of broader trade justice campaign.
Find guidelines or the 2012-2013 Transformational Leadership Debt Assistance (TLDA).
- How does mission relate to transferring congregations?
- What parties must approve a congregation's transfer?
- Can a congregations transfer to a presbytery that it does not directly border?
- Can a congregation transfer to a presbytery in a different synod?
- Can worshipping communities, fellowships, new church developments, or other forms of corporate witness transfer into a presbytery that is not their geographic presbytery?
- Where are non-geographic presbyteries found in the Book of Order?
- Can a racial ethnic or immigrant entity that is not a congregation join or transfer to a presbytery that is not in its geographic ...