Manuals and policies
Download the seminary support handbook
A Report of the Catholic Reformed Dialogue in United States 2003 - 2007
A resource about dealing with disaster for church youth leaders created by a joint task force of United Methodists and Presbyterians.
This manual on fair trade shares how Joining Hands Against Hunger Peru began and maps out what other Joining Hands groups need to do to get started in offering a fair trade alternative as part of broader trade justice campaign.
Find guidelines or the 2012-2013 Transformational Leadership Debt Assistance (TLDA).
- How does mission relate to transferring congregations?
- What parties must approve a congregation's transfer?
- Can a congregations transfer to a presbytery that it does not directly border?
- Can a congregation transfer to a presbytery in a different synod?
- Can worshipping communities, fellowships, new church developments, or other forms of corporate witness transfer into a presbytery that is not their geographic presbytery?
- Where are non-geographic presbyteries found in the Book of Order?
- Can a racial ethnic or immigrant entity that is not a congregation join or transfer to a presbytery that is not in its geographic ...
A Policy Statement on Healing Domestic Violence and Study Guide
Turn Mourning Into Dancing!, approved by the 213th General Assembly (2001), explores the root causes of domestic violence and the church’s complicity and response to the problem. The term “domestic violence” in this policy statement and its rationale is used as an inclusive term to broadly encompass the abuse found in child/child, parent/child, spouse/spouse, partner/partner, adult child/aging parent relationships, as well as violence that occurs in sibling and dating relationships. Three clear goals are advocated: first, to protect the victims from further abuse; second ...
Turn Mourning into Dancing! A Policy Statement on Healing Domestic Violence and Study Guide (approved by the 213th General Assembly )
The 213th General Assembly (2001) of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), in reliance upon God under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and in exercise of its responsibility to witness to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in every dimension of life, has approved this policy statement “Turn Mourning Into Dancing! A Policy Statement on Healing Domestic Violence.” It is presented for the guidance and edification of the whole Christian Church and the society to which its ministers; and will determine procedures and program for the Ministries Divisions and staff of the General Assembly. This policy statement is recommended for ...
By Lois Rifner, Ph.D., and Susan Keil Smith, M.A., with assistance from the Child Advocacy Office.
A training model for all who work with children in the church to assist them in becoming aware of child abuse, in exploring how Christian faith provides support for keeping children safe, learning about prevention, and in learning to respond effectively when child abuse occurs.
1. Divide congregations for visitation into three-year rotation.
2. COM members sign up for visits. If available, read the last Triennial Visit report.
3. Contact Session Moderator to schedule a 45-60 minute visit with Session and a meal with the Moderator and spouse (where applicable). Include Associate pastors or arrange to meet with them another time.