Manuals and policies
Find guidelines or the 2012-2013 Transformational Leadership Debt Assistance (TLDA).
- How does mission relate to transferring congregations?
- What parties must approve a congregation's transfer?
- Can a congregations transfer to a presbytery that it does not directly border?
- Can a congregation transfer to a presbytery in a different synod?
- Can worshipping communities, fellowships, new church developments, or other forms of corporate witness transfer into a presbytery that is not their geographic presbytery?
- Where are non-geographic presbyteries found in the Book of Order?
- Can a racial ethnic or immigrant entity that is not a congregation join or transfer to a presbytery that is not in its geographic ...
A Policy Statement on Healing Domestic Violence and Study Guide
Turn Mourning Into Dancing!, approved by the 213th General Assembly (2001), explores the root causes of domestic violence and the church’s complicity and response to the problem. The term “domestic violence” in this policy statement and its rationale is used as an inclusive term to broadly encompass the abuse found in child/child, parent/child, spouse/spouse, partner/partner, adult child/aging parent relationships, as well as violence that occurs in sibling and dating relationships. Three clear goals are advocated: first, to protect the victims from further abuse; second ...
Turn Mourning into Dancing! A Policy Statement on Healing Domestic Violence and Study Guide (approved by the 213th General Assembly )
The 213th General Assembly (2001) of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), in reliance upon God under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and in exercise of its responsibility to witness to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in every dimension of life, has approved this policy statement “Turn Mourning Into Dancing! A Policy Statement on Healing Domestic Violence.” It is presented for the guidance and edification of the whole Christian Church and the society to which its ministers; and will determine procedures and program for the Ministries Divisions and staff of the General Assembly. This policy statement is recommended for ...
Use the Words Matter conversation guide for promoting dialogue rooted in diverse contexts that continually explores language as a life-giving tool.
See also: Words Matter - Lenten Devotions
The 220th GA (2012) adopted this resolution in response to economic crisis and the underlying distorted value system that has taken hold, spreading reckless consumerism, deep insecurity and extreme inequalities across America. Understanding communion as our base, it calls for a new covenant to seek a sustainable stewardship society shaped for the common good, with recommendations to help employment, families, neighbors and the church itself. Hard copies can also be ordered for $3 each at http://store.pcusa.org/2405212001
General information about insurance for young adult volunteers.