Manuals and policies
How does the The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (SB744) measure up to General Assembly policy? Take a look at this new resource to evaluate a broad summary of the legislation, General Assembly policy, and get resources for a more in-depth analysis of the legislation.
This document includes:
- Standing Rules
- Guidelines and Policies
- Organization for Mission
Organization for Mission of the PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (U.S.A.)
Churchwide Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan
Information for mid-councils submitting overtures to the General Assembly.
The latest revision is identifiable by the date "March 2013" on the cover page and "Release 1.4" on the copyright page. Provides moderators, presbytery staff, and applicants with an overview of the process and resources, its intentions and goals.
The Committee on Mission Responsibility Through Investment (MRTI) met on February 8, 2013, and reviewed shareholder resolutions being submitted to corporations for their 2013 Annual Meetings. These resolutions concern social and ethical issues related to the corporations' business operations and policies. MRTI adopted recommendations on voting of proxies in support or opposition to these resolutions, or whether a formal vote of abstention should be recorded.
In 2008, at the direction of the 219th General Assembly, the Stated Clerk of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) sent a resolution to the presbyteries, synods and sessions, “indicating the will of the assembly that presbyteries and synods develop and make available to lower governing bodies and local congregations a process that exercises the responsibility and power ‘to divide, dismiss, or dissolve churches in consultation with their members’ with consistency, pastoral responsibility, accountability, gracious witness, openness, and transparency.”1 Accordingly, Gracious Dismissal Policies may be used by councils to offer clarity and guide their process when discerning whether and how a particular congregation could be dismissed from the PC(USA).
- How does mission relate to transferring congregations?
- What parties must approve a congregation's transfer?
- Can a congregations transfer to a presbytery that it does not directly border?
- Can a congregation transfer to a presbytery in a different synod?
- Can worshipping communities, fellowships, new church developments, or other forms of corporate witness transfer into a presbytery that is not their geographic presbytery?
- Where are non-geographic presbyteries found in the Book of Order?
- Can a racial ethnic or immigrant entity that is not a congregation join or transfer to a presbytery that is not in its geographic ...
The Manual of Administrative Operations describes the work of the Mission Development Resources Committee. The contents of the manual remain flexible allowing amendments and additions to be made as recommended by the committee and approved by the Presbyterian Mission Agency Board.