Publications and periodicals
Learn about the range of projects that the Thank Offering will help make possible in 2014. This list overviews the general types of work recipients will perform and is from the 2014 Thank Offering promotional packet.
Learn about the 30 organizations that will receive funds from the Thank Offering in 2014. This list is from the 2014 Thank Offering promotional packet.
The 2014 Thank Offering promotional packet offers a variety of resources to help interpret the Thank Offering. Get an overview of projects funded; a list of the 30 projects funded by the 2013 Thank Offering (organized by synod); a dedication service in English and Spanish; and order form; and ways to support the Thank Offering.
What seminary can do for you
Promote and collect Presbyterian Women’s 2015 Mission Pledge. This packet includes information for PW groups in the Congregations, Presbyteries and Synods.
It includes a letter from PW churchwide moderator, Mary Cook Jorgenson (in English, Spanish and Korean), suggestions for promoting and collecting the Mission Pledge, charts and overviews of how Mission Pledge dollars are spent, PW in the Congregation pledge cards, Mission Pledge forms for the congregations and presbytery and much more.
Also consider using the 2015 Mission Pledge dedication service when receiving pledges.
The top leaders in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) share their thoughts on the business of the 221st General Assembly (2014) in a letter to members, and issue a charge to the full body as it moves forward.
- Are congregations and/or pastors required to participate in/host such weddings?
- Can a pastor in a state where it is not permitted perform a wedding in a state where it is?
- Will sessions have the authority to permit (or not) same-gender marriage services in the church?
- If a pastor is willing to preside at the marriage of a same-gender couple, can the session prohibit the pastor from doing so?
- Can the session make a categorical prohibition of same-gender weddings in its building?
- What process did the General Assembly use to make this happen?
- What is an authoritative interpretation (AI ...
- Why does the church care about Israel/Palestine?
- What is the point of divestment?
- What were the recommendations to the (221st) General Assembly (2014)?
- Why is the General Assembly focusing on these three corporations?
- What actions have been considered by past General Assemblies?
- What is the position of the church on Israel and Palestine?
- What have other denominations done on the issue of divestment?
- What is the position of the church on anti-Semitism?
- What is the position of the church on Zionism?
- What is the actual language of the divestment measure?
- What is the language of the measure regarding a ...
DatoVeloz #33 - El ministerio social, digital, movil y la juventud
DatoVeloz #18 - Adolescentes en transicion