Publications and periodicals
The Fall 2013 Washington Report to Presbyterians is here!Download the latest news from the PC(USA) Office of Public Witness, including:
- Faith Leaders Call for Common Good Budget Deal
- A Preview of the 2014 Advocacy Training weekend, March 21-24
- A Feature on our Summer Fellows, both 2013 and our alumni – where are they now?
- Peacemakers Make a Difference on Syria
- A short recap of the Presbyterians for Earth Care Conference
- Action Alert: Boycott the Occupation of Palestine
Along with fine-tuned relief work in response to the Syrian crisis, we continue the long-term development work you see in this issue. Stories of our micro-loan programs offer a glimpse of how Jinishian helps families and communities experience lasting change. Those projects bring hope and provide a foundation for a better future.
This document is a concise summary (12 pages) of the Reformed Christian contribution to democracy and political ethics, based on a reading of the prophetic biblical tradition, and a policy statement (4 pages) on the rights and responsibilities of Presbyterians and other citizens as voters and elected officials. It does not idealize politics but opposes cynicism or single issue concentration; leaders have a high calling to accomplish as much justice as possible through government, itself (like the church) a good always in need of reformation. It affirms religious liberty and the separation of church and state and urges congregations to ...
The substitute motion is a form of amendment applied when the desire is to amend a motion in several different, nonconsecutive places. It also is used when the text to be amended is longer than a paragraph.
Presbyterian Hunger Program newsletter from Advent 2013- A Season of Intentionality.
A multicultural congregation or ministry is one that intentionally recognizes, celebrates and incorporates the gifts of a diverse membership:
- In worship (utilizing languages, art and diverse theological expressions).
- In leadership and ministry (power sharing in session, church committees and decision-making processes).
- In evangelism (providing the good news in a cup that people recognize with great appreciation and sensitivity to their cultural and traditional backgrounds).
This directory contains a list of the ministries that are actively engaged in multicultural diversity.
This directory includes the latest listing of Arabic, Armenian, Assyrian and Persian congregations as well as Middle Eastern Presbyterian clergy and lay leaders and Middle Eastern Presbyterian organizations and ecumenical partners.
The PW Quarterly Newsletter highlights recent news from Presbyterian Women at the churchwide level. Find information from the committees of the Churchwide Coordinating Team, details about new resources, highlights of conferences and events, and what’s on the horizon for Presbyterian Women.
Note: This resource is also distributed as a print piece, mailed with enclosures. It is dated November 2013–January 2014 and reflects news reported through October 28, 2013.
The Charlotte campus of Union Presbyterian Seminary (UPS) is celebrating its first anniversary since its building inauguration September 11, 2012.