Reports and study guides
September 17, 2010
Thank you to all who participated in yesterday’s webinar: “Minneapolis to Washington: Actions of the General Assembly and their Impact on Upcoming Legislation.” The recording of the webinar and Powerpoint presentation will be available on our website soon.
This week’s messages are:
- Health care conference call with President Obama
- Your senators can help make a safer world
- DREAM with immigrant children this school year!
- Psalm 139:1-6 — O Lord, you know my word completely
A report on "Women and AIDS – A Global Crisis" from the 213th General Assembly.
Read David Gambrell's presentation from the 2012 Presbyterians Organized in Nurture and Teaching (POINT). In it, he presents information on the new Presbyterian hymnal project through the vision of worship renewal and Service of the Lord’s Day liturgies.
Responding to the deepening economic crisis of our times, the 219th General Assembly (2010) recognized a preliminary statement of concern, Living Through Economic Crisis: The Church’s Witness in Troubled Times (Minutes, 2010, Part I, pp. 733ff of electronic copy; pp.323–24 of the print copy), and proceeded to authorize further study of the problem with recommendations for faithful action by the church. Specifically, the General Assembly asked for a study that “assesses the long-term implications of our current economic trends and practices, including their impact on the church itself, and provides appropriate recommendations for consideration by members, congregations ...
"Worshiping the Triune God" is a 2010 document of the World Communion of Reformed Churches that seeks to identify central things and primary principles for worship. The document is composed as a series of beatitudes or wisdom sayings, with succinct and evocative statements on worship from an international and ecumencially Reformed perspective. This would be a good resource for sessions and worship committees to study and discuss. Related sites: Presbyterian Worship, Resources and Publications.
Consolidated Financial Statements and Supplementary Schedules (With Independent Auditors' Report Thereon), December 31, 2007 and December 31, 2008
This document includes:
- Hospitality House: Overview and Vision
- 15 Things to Consider as you Launch Hospitality House
- Volunteers Exploring Vocation Discernment Journal
- Facilitator's Resource Book: Volunteer's Exploring Vocation
- Rules for Community Living
- Hospitality Houses featured in webinar: Bethany Presbyterian House of Hospitality (Trenton, NJ), The Common House (Waynesburg, PA), and AYAVA House (Austin, TX)
- Contact information for Sponsors and Panelists
Tributes, Districts, Reapings and Mockingjays … The Hunger Games trilogy is ready to commence in your youth room!
Join the millions of readers, young and not so young, in entering this fantastic and powerful story of a post-apocolyptic world dependent on its young to survive.
You are invited to use this free resource, developed by two Presbyterian youth workers, to explore themes of courage, friendship and alliance!
A study guide to accompany the DVD “Cherishing God’s Earth”