Reports and study guides
Palentine's Day - Celebrating Valentine's Day and Love with Your Youth
Congregations Leaving the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) by Joelle Kopacz (M.A., UW-Milwaukee, 2008), Jack Marcum, and Ida Smith. Paper presented at the 2014 annual meeting of the Religious Research Association in Indianapolis, IN.
Since 2006, more than 300 congregations, with a total of around 100,000 members, have left the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). What are the unique characteristics of these congregations, and what are the implications of this trend for the denomination?
Use this study guide with The Giver by Lois Lowry
Use this study guide with Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Use the resources contained within this 47-page packet to explore modern-day slavery and learn how you can help. The packet includes:
- A guide to its use
- Articles from Presbyterians Today and Horizons magazine
- A quiz to test your knowledge of human trafficking
- A one-session study, "Understanding Human Trafficking 101"
- A guide to U.S. and international law regarding human trafficking
- A copy of 2006 PC(USA) policy on human trafficking
- A guide to using the stories of our faith to gain insight into human trafficking
- "A Human-rights, Victim-centered Approach to Human Trafficking"
- "Hosting a Human Trafficking Awareness Training"
- A poster ...
#youngadultreunions - Holidays, Any day, Community Connection
Quicksheets: Fast and Fabulous Ideas for Youth Ministry.
This brief document contains the key action of the 221st General Assembly (2014) and summarizes the back- ground rationales for each of the five affirmations. The goal is to make this process as inviting as possible for presbytery discussion and voting.
The story behind the development of the curiculum
Women know that, though the status of women in the United States has improved in the last several decades, there is still a long way to go, especially for women in other parts of the world where economies are fragile and protection of women is absent or not enforced. Violence against women persists, and shocking evidence of this surfaces regularly in the news. Presbtyerian Women (PW) joins the PC(USA) in enlisting the help of good men in ending the culture of violence and leading the way toward a culture of positive masculinity and true partnership with women. Download and ...