Updated May 22, 2020 7:19 a.m. ET
All resources are from PC(USA) agencies unless otherwise noted.
⬤ Newly-added resource
Reopening after the pandemic
- Beginning Conversations for Re-Entry – May 4, 2020
- Returning to Public Worship: Theological and Practical Considerations – May 4, 2020
- A Model for Returning to Church After COVID-19. A thoughtful guide for church leaders prepared by the Wisconsin Council of Churches. – April 23, 2020
- Interim Guidance for Reopening. From the CDC
Statements from the Stated Clerk of the PC(USA)
- Stated Clerk’s Advisory Opinion — Church in an Emergency/Pandemic – updated March 24, 2020
- Stated Clerk’s Advisory Opinion — Communion in an Emergency/Pandemic – March 24, 2020
End-of-life and funerals
- “Prayer at the Time of Death” (booklet, larger print) and “Comforting the Bereaved” (booklet, larger print). – April 13, 2020
- Online Memorial Services During COVID-19 and appropriate worship resources – April 22, 2020
- Other guidance from the National Funeral Directors Association
Music, worship and prayers
- ⬤ Singing and Making Music as churches return to public worship, Presbyterian Ass’n of Musicians – May 21, 2020
- Copyright-free orders of worship for the Service for the Lord’s Day for leaders and people.
- Prayers for many occasions during COVID-19
- Original hymns during times of pandemic by Carolyn Winfrey-Gillette – March 31, 2020
- Matthew 25: “A Year with Matthew for a Matthew 25 Church.” Based on Year A lectionary. Sermon hints, hymns and worship suggestions, focused on building congregational vitality, dismantling structural racism and eradicating systemic poverty.
- Considerations for Worship in Virtual Space – April 7, 2020
Meeting community needs
- Food & hunger resources
- Many COVID-19 community-focused resources: emergency financial assistance, food/hunger, free or low-cost internet, spiritual self-care, mental health, prison outreach, refugee support, anti-racism work and more. – Updated regularly
- Immigrant, migrant and refugee resources – April 17, 2020
- Vital congregations — keeping your congregation vibrant and relevant during the pandemic. A series of one-hour videos of Zoom conversations.
- Map showing COVID-19 confirmed cases overlaid on PC(USA) congregations and mid councils
Education and faith formation
- Education resources – April 23, 2020
- Youth, older adult, family and adult education “QuickSheet” resources
- Weekly half-hour podcasts. Community leaders talk about how COVID-19 impacts their ministry (See Season 4 episodes).
- Encouraging messages and resources from our global partners. Document is updated regularly.
- Mental health resources. Very comprehensive. Updated frequently.
- Emotional and Spiritual Care Webinars. Building Resilience Webinars (one-hour, view online or download) for Faith Leaders and General Audiences.
- May devotions from the quarterly devotional “These Days” (Free download)
Livestreaming and digital worship
- How to livestream: a beginner’s survival guide
- Permission to livestream/photocopy "Glory to God" Hymnal and "Book of Common Worship"
- How to Livestream Your Church Service: A Practical Guide
Emergency assistance and grants from the PC(USA)
- COVID-19 Grants from Presbyterian Disaster Assistance | Español | 한국어 | More information on PDA web page
- Matthew 25 Grants | Español
- Emergency student loan management information and resources – April 1, 2020
- Coronavirus Benefits Resources, including dues relief and deferments to churches and employers
Online giving and offering resources
- Online giving service to automate giving to congregations
- Stewardship Navigator
- Video: Financial and Stewardship Resources during the COVID-19 Pandemic (14 minutes) – April 14, 2020
- Stewardship in a Pandemic
- Engaging in the Special Offerings in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. – April 16, 2020
- Stewardship during the pandemic: 10 dos and 1 don’t
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Resources for Community- and Faith-Based Leaders
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
Federal legislation and help from the federal government
- CARES Act, summary of provisions | Español | 한국어 – April 14, 2020
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act — summary of new provisions related to temporary leave | Español | 한국어 — Video Presentation (30 minutes) – April 9, 2020
- Tax credits available to employers for leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act | Español – April 9, 2020
- COVID-19-Related Legislation Overview: A Guide for Presbyterian Churches and Ministries | Español | 한국어 – April 9, 2020
- COVID-19 Benefits Issues – Video Presentation (30 minutes) – April 9, 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program, administered by the Small Business Administration, covers eligible nonprofit organizations, self-employed individuals and independent contractors. Program overview | Info for lenders | Info for borrowers | Application for borrowers
- Small Business Administration, Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- How New Worshiping Community leaders can apply for the Payroll Protection Program (12-min. video) – English | Spanish – May 4, 2020