Updated December 14, 2021 5:07 p.m. ET
All resources are from PC(USA) agencies unless otherwise noted. Newly-added resources are marked with a red dot ( ⬤ ).
Reopening after the pandemic
- ⬤ CDC’s Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People — October 2021
- The Scattered Church – theological reflections and practical resources for socially distanced ministry including worship and witness
- Beginning Conversations for Re-Entry
- ⬤ With One Body and One Spirit – Returning to Church – Wisconsin Council of Churches – though specific to Wisconsin, the material raises questions that deserve prayerful, careful consideration in every location and is updated regularly – November 15, 2021
- ⬤ Pfizer Fact Sheet —October 29, 2021
- ⬤ Moderna Fact Sheet —October 20, 2021
- ⬤ Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) Fact Sheet — October 20, 2021
- ⬤ Understanding mRNA and Other Vaccines — November 3, 2021
Statements from the Stated Clerk of the PC(USA)
- ⬤ Vaccination and Faithfulness in a Time of Pandemic
- Stated Clerk’s Advisory Opinion — Church in an Emergency/Pandemic
- Stated Clerk’s Advisory Opinion — Communion in an Emergency/Pandemic
End-of-life and funerals
- “Prayer at the Time of Death” (booklet, larger print) and “Comforting the Bereaved” (booklet, larger print)
- Online Memorial Services During COVID-19 and appropriate worship resources
Music, worship and prayers
- Copyright-free orders of worship for the Service for the Lord’s Day for leaders and people
- Guidelines for hymnals published by the Presbyterian Publishing Corporation—for guidance from Presbyterian Publishing Corporation, please see their Hymnal Rights and Permissions Guidelines. These guidelines contain links to information about virtual worship, a list of the Glory to God public domain material (which never requires permission!), and other helpful resources.
- Prayers for many occasions during COVID-19
- Original hymns during times of pandemic
- Considerations for Worship in Virtual Space
- Singing and Speaking Safely: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 (Singing with Masks)
- On Baptism and Ordination in a Time of Pandemic
Meeting community needs
- ⬤ Race & COVID-19
- COVID-19 community-focused resources: emergency financial assistance, food/hunger, spiritual self-care, mental health, refugee support, and more.
- Vital congregations — keeping your congregation vibrant and relevant during the pandemic. A series of one-hour videos of Zoom conversations.
Education and faith formation
- Mental health resources.
- Emotional and Spiritual Care Webinars. Building Resilience Webinars (one-hour, view online or download) for Faith Leaders and General Audiences.
Livestreaming, digital and hybrid worship
- ⬤ Hybrid Ministry – Discerning Next Steps
- ⬤ Hybrid Ministry Webinar
- ⬤ Hybrid Church Resources
- ⬤ Re-formation: Post-Pandemic Resources for Planning and Reflection
- How to livestream: a beginner’s survival guide
- Permission to livestream/photocopy "Glory to God" Hymnal and "Book of Common Worship"
- How to Livestream Your Church Service: A Practical Guide
Emergency assistance and grants from the PC(USA)
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance COVID-19 Response
- ⬤ CARES Act and Your Federal Student Loans
- Coronavirus Benefits Resources from the Board of Pensions
Online giving and offering resources
- Online giving service to automate giving to congregations, from the Presbyterian Foundation
- Stewardship Navigator from the Presbyterian Foundation
- Stewardship in a Pandemic
- Engaging in the Special Offerings in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Stewardship during the pandemic: 10 dos and 1 don’t
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Federal legislation and help from the federal government