Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Common Agreement on Baptism
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about the common Agreement on Mutual Recognition of baptism with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Why is this common agreement needed?
- Will PCUSA pastors have to change how they celebrate baptism?
- In the Presbyterian Church (USA) we invite all baptized persons to share in the Lord’s Supper. Does this mean that we can take Holy Communion in one another’s churches?
- What does it mean that written attestations of Baptism, including the liturgical formula used must be provided and why is this important?
- When will this Common Agreement become effective?
- What can I do to help make this Agreement meaningful?