Going to GA223 in St. Louis? Want an interesting gig while you’re there?
The Office of the General Assembly (OGA) is looking for individuals to serve as “process observers” during the 223rd General Assembly in St. Louis, June 16-23. Process Observation takes place in the 12 Assembly Committees and involves measuring who participates, when they participate, and if there are changes in participation patterns when a committee shifts its process and practice.
“Multiple observers in every committee room is best,” says the Rev. Molly Casteel, OGA’s manager of equity and representation. “Folks see and hear things differently. We can’t say it enough, the best learning comes from large pools of observations.”
To be a process observer, all you need is a mobile device or laptop computer. All the data you gather is submitted through the app.
OGA staff are hosting six orientation sessions for process observers (noted in the program book) between June 14 and 17 in the St. Louis Convention Center – Room 266:
- Thursday, June 14 at 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 15 at 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 16 at 1:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 17 at 1:30 p.m. or 5:00 p.m.
The app is usable without the training session. The training is designed to support your use of the app and to recruit more observers.
To get started:
- Open a web browser on a mobile device or laptop and go to https://process-observations.ogapcusa.org/
- Register - submit an email address and set a password (must remember to login again – to use “remember your password” the email needs to be legitimate)
- Complete secondary registration page which asks for some demographic information. Save.
- Login - using the email address and password you selected.
- Select a committee and begin observing. (the app automatically loads the date so it is important to complete the observation the day of the meeting. You will set the beginning and end times of the observed.)
- Complete the participation tally and survey. Save and send.
After your initial registration, process observation is three easy steps: login, observe committee, send. Bookmarking the website can help you return whenever you need to — https://process-observations.ogapcusa.org/